Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don't Ya Just Hate Computer Geeks?

Why is it that computers and computer sites and engines et al, think that by changing their formats they have reinvented themselves? That they then have a fresher newer better product or service? They need to take a cue from automobiles. At least in this respect; No mater how much cars change, in America, they always have the steering wheel on the left side, but you always drive on the right side of the road. No matter what. Well, no matter what except the postal service which has it's steering wheels on the right. And look at the shape they're in. No, with cars you turn the ignition or push the button to start the car. You put it in reverse to back up and in forward gear to go ahead. Why do computer people always think that it isn't change unless everything changes. So that the way you used to do something no longer gives you the same effect. When this happens, you can email the service staff who will help you by emailing you a list of forty seven answers, none of which is the one you need. Then a sentence pops up to ask if this helped. No damn it, it doesn't help. When you finally get someone, they email you to do something you've never done before, and they expect you to know how to do this new step. Then they tell you to frag it. Frig the Frag, I want to know what to do. No, actually I want to do what I used to do. But the new format will allow you to do so much more. Will it make my bed and run the vacuum? Will it pour my coffee? Because that's what I need. I don't need or want it to do all those other things. I don't need it to inform me when the last train for Yuma leaves the station. I'm not going to Yuma. Maybe I'm an old geezer. But I'm not the only old geezer. How about making a computer for old geezers? Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment