Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Adam, Did You Feed Rex Yet?

Whatta ya say we stop funding religious theme parks with tax money. Sound silly? Well in good ole Kentucky the state is giving $40 million to a "for profit" outfit partly owned by a church group to build a "Noah's Ark" theme park. I guess they already have one on creationism. Now if folks want to believe that Adam and Eve raised dinosaurs on their farm just outside the Garden of Eden, it's okay with me, and there's nothing wrong in having a park with an Ark as the attraction, but I'm not sure I'd want my tax dollars going to build it. Not even if it was legal to have the state financially support the project. Of course, I'm not strong on taxpayers support of any project that's owned by a for profit company. Not unless it was part of some sort of a loan. On the other hand, if the states are going to insist on grants to such things, then I'd like to get in on the gravy train too. After all I go to church regularly. Or do I attend the wrong church? Is there an official church that I don't know about? I mean should I change my membership? Hey, a buck is a buck. Didn't Jesus turn over some money exchange tables though? Hmmm. Maybe I'd better stay where I'm at. Maybe the state of Kentucky should take a second look at where and how they're spending the peoples money. Not a bad thing for every state to do. The U.S. too.

No comments:

Post a Comment