Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Pain.

Well, thank goodness it's over. It's Friday April 29 and the whole thing is over. At least I hope it's over.
No more reporting on the events of the last week or so. Yes, it's true. I finally have a new computer and it's finally working. At least it is at this moment. But I'll tell you what. It was truly an ordeal. It took seven trips to the store, four separate phone calls to the geek squad hotline, two calls to the Internet provider and a partridge in a pear tree. But it seems to finally be working. I'm not sure it was worth the struggle. Well except that I was easily able to miss the royal wedding and all the buildup beforehand. So maybe it was worth all the indigestion. Here's the thing. First I bought the computer, then I couldn't get on line, but the geeks helped me get online. Then I couldn't get online, then I could with help, then to the store to get it straightened out.  Can't, then another call, then back to the store. Then a replacement computer, then no anti-virus, then a call, then to the store where I was told I should do it myself. All interspersed with additional calls and trips. But, as you can readily see, I'm ONLINE. Do you realize how difficult it is to type with your fingers crossed? You underestand, I'm not one to complain, but I don't remember ever having this much trouble with any piece of  equipment before. I mean adding machines, typewriters, manual and electric, copiers, faxes, you name it. I remember, I once had trouble with a spirited horse, but that only amounted to a sore behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment