Wednesday, June 2, 2010

All The News You Need To Know.

What does the Tipper and Al Gore breakup mean? Suddenly everyone is asking the question. Well, what do you think it means? I'll tell you what I think it means. I think it means that two people who've been married for a lot of years suddenly find out they no longer are comfortable being married. You can try to make it into something bigger if you want, but that's what it means. Why is it that people, especially if it's the media and if it's someone in the news, want to make something out of such a breakup? In order to sell copy. Look at it this way. If you picked up the paper or turned on the news on TV and all it said was "sorry, but nothing of importance happened, so have a nice day", how interested would you be in reading that paper again or turning on that TV station again? Especially if the other paper or network was shouting AL and TIPPER SPLIT! World To Come To An End. You know as well as I do that you'd watch or read the sensational. Well, they know that too. Therefore, somehow, the world has to be coming to an end every day. So, when you see earth-shaking news all the time and I do mean all the time, usually it's not as bad as they make it out to be. Unfortunately, interspersed with the hyped up non-news, there is really important and sometimes very bad news. So, how do you tell when it's important or not? You don't. I'll tell you. After all, who better to listen to? Certainly not those 24/7 news anchors, and not those quasi-news radio and TV talk show hosts. They're making it up as they go. But me, I comment. Now, aren't you proud to know me? Well, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment