Sunday, August 19, 2012

Republican vs Democrat.

What is a "true Republican?" What is a "true Democrat?" Is there a litmus test for either of these titles? Does one "win" the title by exhibiting some special gift or ability? Well, a look at the Republican party won't easily explain the process of deciding the issue. A look at the Democratic party won't give you any clue as to the proper etiquette involved. But to the best of my ability, let me try to decipher the answers to these most vexing questions. A True Republican is a person who acts and thinks exactly like Ronald Reagan, Teddy Roosevelt, Abe Lincoln, but not like FDR or hmm, there must be someone else. Well anyway, the idea is to think and act exactly the way a particular constituent thinks you should act. You should be a strict constitutioinalist, which means you should accept without question certain sections of the constitution and ignore certain others. Okay, so what is a True Democrat? To be a true democrat, you should be, ahhh, hmmm, to be a true Democrat you must ahhh? Come to think of it I don't think there is any such thing as a True Democrat, but you should believe strongly in the Constitution. At least certain sections of it and most often not the same as those the Republicans believe in, and you should ignore other sections of the Constitution, but not the same ones as the Republicans. I think a True Republican is just like Reagan, but completely different, while a true Democrat is unlike anybody else. Now as a Republican you may disagree with me. You may feel I've been unfair in my calculations and you're willing to stand united against me. As a Democrat, you may disagree with my findings for a myriad of reasons but you will never be united.   

No comments:

Post a Comment