Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Legitimate Women.

I've been reading about and listening to this Todd Akin from Missouri. He's a U.S. Congressman on the House science committee and he's running for the U.S. Senate. But instead of campaigning, he's teaching sex education. That's right. He is a strong supporter of the right to life wing of the Tea Party. In that capacity he has decided to impart some of his extensive knowledge of the female body to the people of Missouri and to the country at large. I find this very helpful. For instance I had no idea that a woman can go out and get raped and it might not be legitimate. And of course, if it isn't legitimate, she could get pregnant. I wonder if he's suggesting contraception? Anyway, if, on the other hand, it is legitimate rape, why, that woman can curtail the process of becoming with child. I had no idea. Why wasn't I told this before? Exactly how is a woman able to do it? Does she just squeeze or is it more of a thought process? Does it work better for women with high IQs? In The Borowitz Report, a blog, he suggests Akin would do less harm in the Senate than on the house SCIENCE committee. I disagree. I think he would be best suited to a position on the faculty of Johns Hopkins Medical School. Or perhaps editor of a major medical journal. Perhaps he'd like to be appointed head of the World Health Organization. Talent like this is hard to come by and should not be wasted on mere Senate membership. Even though the perks are nice. In his spare time maybe he could council women who have already been raped, legitimately, or he could council women who may be raped in the future, illegitimately. And by the way, what is this legitimacy issue with him all about? Let me say here and now that I do not consider myself to be an authority on anything about the Female species. The longer I live, the less I know. But this Mr Akin seems to be far more knowledgeable than anyone else on earth. Either that or he's been skinny-dipping in some sea in Israel. Why doesn't he write a medical textbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment