Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Step Right Up And Buy Your Congressman.

I must be honest with you. Ya gotta be careful when a politician says something like that to you. But I'm not speaking as a politician right now. Maybe later, but not right now. See, here's the thing, as you know, I tried to form a SuperPAC, but nobody told me ya hafta register the things and make reports to the government covering donations. Well at least major donations. Now there are ways to conceal these donations through dummy corporations etc. And no I don't mean to imply that these dummy corporations are dumb. They're actually quite clever. Well anyway, my SuperPAC, PIMP (Put In My Pocket) hasn't been quite as successful as I had hoped and I don't have enough to pay to register it. Not to worry though. I've hit on an idea that should start the cash flowing from some of those big corporations. I've decided to change the name of my SuperPAC. No, not the acronym, in fact I'm only going to change one word of the name. Instead of "Put In My Pocket", it will now be known as "Politicians In My Pocket". I feel this will not only more accurately describe the function, but will also encourage more legislators to flock to my support. Now comes the pitch. So if you represent a major Corporation, especially if you are the Chief Financial Officer, I'd like to talk to you about the opportunities we have for you in our little family of investors, oops, I mean donors. If you are a legislator, especially on the national level, I'd like to talk to you about the largess we have for you. Slightly less on the state level, of course, but still very generous depending on the state and party. I feel these changes in our plan will better represent the needs of our members, donors, investors and recipients. Well, mostly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment