Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here's A Biblical Principle For Ya.

Hey, there's an Alabama state Senator back in the news again. I'll bet you're gonna claim you never heard of him.Well I'm pretty sure you'll remember him for his claim that there were truckloads of women crossing over the border into the United States in order to have their children in America. His name is Shadrack Mcgill. Anyway, he's back in the news. He gave a speech the other day at a prayer breakfast where he said that "teachers need to make the money that they need to make." "It's a biblical principle. If you double a teachers pay scale, you'll attract people who aren't called to teach." In other words he doesn't believe in raises for teachers. ON THE OTHER HAND. On the other hand, he defends the 62% raise for the state legislators he voted for and accepted. He what? Yes. He feels that, unlike teachers, who are called to teach, legislators are not called to their profession. See, the thing is, he believes that lawmakers, politicians, are corrupt. Well no real surprise there, and by raising their salaries, they may be less likely to take bribes. See by paying them ten or twenty thousand more, they would stop collecting millions from lobbyists. Don't you agree with that? Don't you think there's sound reasoning in that explanation? I can see his point. If I'm making $35,000 from the government and one million from lobbyists, and the government decides to pay me an extra twenty thousand, I'd say, Oh this makes all the difference. Now I'll stop being corrupt. Well, except for one last time. Okay, maybe two last times. I mean two a month. Come to think of it, I guess if you're corrupt, you're corrupt. And if somebody decides to pay you extra, that doesn't mean you're no longer corrupt. It just means you can buy a bigger boat. I guess if it came right down to it, if somebody wanted to pay me $20,000 more, I'd promise not to vote for any bill that person didn't like. Of course I'm not allowed to vote for any bill anyway because I'm not a legislator. I just get to vote for legislators. I'm not convinced I would vote for Shadrack if I lived in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment