Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'd Like To Debate You On That Issue.

Well? Did you watch last night's debate? You do know that it may be the last debate of this primary season, don't you? This one made for a total of twenty. No not two hundred. Twenty. Did you manage to watch all twenty debates? Ya know ya get fries and a large cola with that, if you did. No substitutions though. Can you remember all the way back to when there were eight contenders? Now there are four. All this just for the right to debate with the president. That's right. More debates. But not until after the summer is over. No, not the campaigning or the attack ads. They'll continue right on through until well after the election and maybe not even stop then. After all, it'll only be four years until the next presidential election. Time is always short. And even more so in politics. But getting back to those twenty debates. What was the most significant moment in all the debates for you? For me it was the last word of the last debate. Now don't get me wrong, it's important to learn about the folks you must choose from, to lead this country. The thing is, there are times when you have learned too much about the folks you must choose from, to lead our country. I think it's fair to say that we've learned about all we want to know about every candidate for the office of president, including Mr. Obama by now. I know, I know, he hasn't taken part in any of these debates personally, but his name has come up several times during the twenty debates. So I think it's fair to say that we know how the candidates feel about him. In fact I think it's fair to say that we know how they feel about each other as well. My problem is not trying to decide which party will have the stronger candidate. My problem is why do we bother with parties at all. Which would you rather follow, a strong party or a strong leader? Well then, let me ask again, why do we need parties at all? Except New Years Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment