Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's No Spoof. SuperPACs Fill A Necessary Void.

How dare Stephen Colbert mock SuperPACs! Why the man even has his own. Or it was his until he decided to form an exploratory committee to run for president. At which time in a sham move to end run the law, he turned it over to his friend and TV next door neighbor, Jon Stewart. Legally he's not allowed to influence his SuperPAC, but has made a mockery of that as well. Folks, this is serious business. We can't have people going around flaunting and snubbing the decisions of our Supreme Court. That 5-4 vote in the Citizens United case is all that stands between we the people and having corporations being disenfranchised. Can you imagine what this country would look like if corporations were not allowed to spend money, anonymously, in huge amounts, on political campaigns? Why, the mere thought of it sends chills up the spines of campaign managers all over America. No Mr. Colbert. No matter what you may think is funny or necessary, our politicians need this infusion of untold wealth in order to properly confuse the voting public. Either that or convince the electorate not to vote at all. Consider my own Super PAC, P.I.M.P. (Put In My Pocket) which I turned over to a completely neutral owner, my only sister, so that I can continue to carry out my formula for success in the campaign. I hope you'll join me and all the other serious candidates in praising and thanking our Supreme Court for it's brave decision to open these well deserved flood gates of corporate largess. Remember, since corporations are people too, the next time you meet one, shake it's hands and offer to help carry that secret money to the local SuperPAC of it's choice. Especially if it just happens to be my Super PAC. Oh, and while you're in the mood to help, please get me the names from your local cemetery for election day. We need those votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment