Friday, January 6, 2012

It Was A Two Headed Caucus.

Ya know the Iowa Caucuses we watched last Tuesday? The ones that had the whole country excited to hear who would be the winner? The one who's winner won by eight votes? Yep that one. Well I just read some interesting things about it in the National Memo. Here are a few noteworthy items you may not have known. Like that fact that 5.5% of eligible voters in Iowa took part in it. 5.5%! There were almost that many candidates. Here's another one.  The winner of the caucuses doesn't get any voter delegates. That's right. The twenty five state delegates will be picked in a separate caucus. It was all for show. The whole country was on pins and needles waiting to hear who would be the winner of?  Nothing. Bragging rights I guess. Now that I think about it, I wondered why no mention was made of who got how many delegates. Nobody got any, that's why. I feel like asking for my money back. Even though I didn't buy a ticket. But I did pay my cable bill. And I think I got cheated. It's like going to a carnival and buying a ticket to see the two headed woman and then finding out one was just a paper-mache head taped onto her shoulder. I'll tell ya I was disappointed. But not as disappointed as I was to hear about this hoax perpetrated on us by Iowa and the media. Actually Iowa only duped the candidates. It was the media that duped the rest of us. Why would they do that to us? Why would they get us all excited to see who was going to be the first winner in the nominating campaign when there wasn't any winner yet? Not even a vote yet? You don't suppose it was done in order to make a profit off it, do ya? But the candidates are the ones who should be most upset. None of them got anything out of it but empty pockets. Well Santorum got to spend time in all 99 counties of Iowa. I'll bet that's something he'll cherish for years to come. I know I would. Just think, years from now all those candidates, all seven hundred of them, or was it only only seven, well anyway years from now, they can look back and say to themselves how much time and money they spent in Iowa for no good, or even bad, reason. No wonder only 5.5% showed up. And for this, Iowa gets tons of attention and publicity. That's what I call smart advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment