Monday, December 5, 2011

Campaigns Are Tough On Everybody.

I've found what I can only describe as a fatal flaw in the communications industry. It's the hugely inconvenient disconnect. Let me give you the most egregious example of this disconnect problem. I've been trying to register my PAC, PIMP, as a Super PAC. You remember? I'm running for President. Now that should be a simple process of calling the Federal Elections Commission to ask for an application to form a Super PAC, right? Well it isn't just that easy. In fact, because of 'disconnect' I haven't been able to complete the process. Look, it's bad enough that you have to wait for hours just to get through, must be a lot of folks with the same idea as me, and once I get through, there's the forty five minutes on hold listening to music that I wouldn't subject my most serious opponent to, just to get to speak to a recording that tells me to push one for English. Then after an additional fifteen minutes of pushing various buttons, I'm informed my conversation may be recorded for quality purposes. I'll bet. Then it's another ten minutes with music from, oh you know where. Then just when I finally get to speak with a real person, at least I think she's real, I'm so surprised that it takes several minutes for me to remember why I called. I then explain that I want to register my PAC, PIMP, as a Super PAC. Fortunately, I'm able to catch her before she hangs up and explain that PIMP is an acronym for 'Put In My Pocket'. It's invariably here where I'm disconnected by the phone company. I know it's the phone company and not the person at the FEC, because I've already explained to her that it isn't a crank call. The thing is, the more time I have to spend trying to register my Super PAC, PIMP with the FEC, the less time I have to look for voters in the cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment