Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Brexit Unwraped.

       The Brexit. What in the hades is the Brexit? Well to an Englishman or Scot and even for nearly all of Europe it means that Great Brittan would be leaving the European Union. Now some say that would be good for England and bad for all of Europe, some say just the opposite and some say it would hurt everybody including America. Sounds to me like nobody knows what England's leaving or not leaving the union means to anyone's short or long term future.
       One thing's for sure. It's got most English and French and German and pretty much everyone up in arms. Now I'm not going to sit here and tell you what it's going to do, but rest assured there're plenty of people who are prepared to do just that. On both sides. I will say this though, everybody got along fairly well before the Union, they got along better with the Union so they'll decide for better or worse and we can't do anything about it.
        What I can't figure out is why it matters so much to us. One way or the other life will go on. Except for the big banks and the 0.1%, the ultra rich. For those folks, I guess there's some hurt in store or an opportunity to make some real money. But for the life of me I just can't conjure up any sympathy for those folks who are losing sleep over it. Well except for the poorer class across the water who might suffer because of the outcome of the vote.
       Look at it this way, if Texas were to vote on seceding from our United States of America. No! Wait! That's a bad example, I guess everybody would be happy with that. Well think of it this way; if Donald Trump were to go up against Hillary Clinton for president? Okay I guess that's not s good example either.
       I hope this short, simple discourse has helped you to better understand the Brexit and its potential impact on you and your friends on the other side of the Atlantic. Now stay tuned for the Onion report.

No comments:

Post a Comment