Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ten Figures.

       How'd you like to make a ten figure income from now on? Ya know how much that is? It starts at one billion dollars and goes up from there. The top 25 hedge-fund managers in America made a billion or more last year, and for some it isn't the first year to do so according to an article in the New York Times. What's even better is they don't have to pay nearly as high a percentage of it in taxes as you do on your paycheck.
       But just imagine, one billion. What could you do with a spare billion? What would you do with it? If I started now, I could't count that high in the rest of my life. 1, 2, 3, nope, I wouldn't make it. And besides, think of all I'd miss, doing all that counting. But dreaming about it might be fun. If you're the kind of person that likes to dream a lot. Of course, if you are, then you're likely not to actually make a billion. You can't do both ya know.
       If you want to make a billion a year, whatta ya have to do? For starters, I'll bet you have to stop saying "ya" or "whatta" and folksie words like that. You'd have to up and say it like they teach it in school. Ya would become you and whatta would become what do. More importantly you'd have to learn how to pick winners and losers in stocks and bonds. That's what these guys who are making these kinds of  incomes are getting paid for.
       Even if you're a great pro football player or coach or a great heart surgeon or teacher or mathematician or anything else, you ain't gonna make that much money. Nope, the only guys that make ten figures a year are these Hedge fund guys. Not even the CEO of the largest companies in the world make that much.
       I can tell you for sure that writing a blog ain't gonna get ya that kind of dough either. Not unless you all start kicking in your whole salary. Email me, I'll send you my address. I guess the question I have is why these guys get so much, but the folks who are the most deserving in this world get so little. Look at a soldier protecting your way of life. Think he's getting that kind of pay? And yet he's putting his life on the line. How about farmers? Where would we be without farmers? They sure don't make ten figures a year. Now I know a sure bet. I'll bet nobody reading this blog made ten figures last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment