Thursday, July 26, 2012

Want To Know Who You'll Vote For?

I watched Morning Joe a bit this morning on MSNBC and it was pointed out that Karl Rove's SuperPAC, Crossroads America, has spent $94 million so far supporting Mitt Romney. And the Republican Party hasn't even had it's convention yet. Romney hasn't even been nominated yet. Imagine how much more it will spend. And the Democrats are trying just as hard to raise money to spend on the campaign. Now that's not illegal, in fact it's exactly what the Supreme Court said they can do in the Citizen's United case. But what it did was to bring to my attention that by the time the next election cycle rolls around in 2016, there will be two or three people in this country who will decide who you and I can vote for, for president. The cost of running a campaign now-a-days is so tremendously expensive that without a Karl Rove in your corner, you will have no chance to even get nominated by either party. Now these two or three people aren't going to run for office themselves, they're just gonna pull the strings of whoever does run. Nobody with that much disposable money to spend on an election campaign does it without expecting something in return. So next time, before the primary campaign begins, the successful nominee may already have been selected in both parties. To wit, I hereby and humbly offer myself to any multi-billionaires, that I am available. To my credit, I have tried to be a straight shooter. But I am willing to miss the mark if that's what you need. I'm willing to state my willingness to be anti whatever you'd like me to anti about. I'm willing to be for or against anyone you choose. In short, I'm you man. Please keep this in the strictest of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment