Monday, July 2, 2012

To Lie Or Not To Lie. Is that A Question?

What's in a word? Well, if the word is truth, then the answer, these days, is not much. And that's pretty unfortunate. Take for instance Sarah Palin's Death Panels as an example. We know that's nonsense. Oh to some extent there will be a sort of panel to decide what will be covered under insurance and what will not. But then the exact same decisions are now made by the Insurance companies. How about Senator Jon Kyl's statement after being caught in a lie, "not intended to be a factual statetment." But both sides use this technique. We know it's perfectly legal to lie. And if you say it often enough and loud enough, you're sure to convince loads of people that you're telling the truth. So from now on, I want you all to know that I am young, tall, slim, handsome, strong and intellegent. I have millions in the bank, a executive jet at my disposal. Now are you willing to vote for me to be your next president? Remember, if you aren't convinced, I plan to keep saying it until you believe me and vote for me. Ya see? This is the technique used in politics today. Running for office has no basis in ability to serve. It only has to do with the ability to pay for the ads that will convince the voters. Many many years ago in a cartoon called 'Pogo the Possum', they ran an egg for president. I'll be they could run one for real today and actually get millions to vote for it. This is the premise that's used to fill the halls of Congress these days. And it's the basis for the presidential campaign. I'd like to meet the guy that thought it up. At first I thought it was Carl Rove, but no, it goes much further back then him. He just perfected it.

No comments:

Post a Comment