Thursday, March 15, 2012

Advise For The Political Lorn.

I don't know about you, but I'm dismayed by President Obama's reaction to and attack on whistle blowers. Now I understand that no president likes leaks of information in his administration and we do need to be concerned about national secrets being spread around. On the other hand, we also need folks who work for the government, who see mistakes and lies and wrongdoings, to let us know so we can force change. Whistle blowers always get the short end of the stick. It's a case of being needed, but being unloved at the same time. When the government is spending money on things they shouldn't and won't stop if told internally, then it's time to let government know externally. Like the case of a man who said that the department where he works was paying huge sums for a software program that doesn't work well instead of using a software program developed in that same department that works great and won't cost anything extra. He told congress and a newspaper. Hey, it makes sense to me, how about you? There are even laws to protect them when they sound the alarm. Of course if you're the president, or even head of an important department of the government, you seem to be able to get around those laws. What the president is doing is accusing them of spying under an old "espionage act". Now I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Pres. Obama stating how important whistle blowers are a while back, but maybe he meant only when they blow a whistle on somebody from the other party. Then they would be important. But if the whistle sounds on one of the Presidents own, then that's different. Then it's espionage. I hope the courts take a good look at these kinds of attacks and call them for what they are. Dirty pool. Or in this case dirty politics. I think the president would be far more respected if he went after the folks in his administration who are doing the wrongs that are being whistled at. Those whistles aren't aimed at pretty gals ya know. So if I were you, Mr Obama, and I know you haven't asked for my advise, but if I were you, I'd shape up or you could be shipped out in November. That would make your attacks a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment