Friday, February 23, 2018

Arm Who or is it whom?

       Arm teachers? What a dumb idea. I don't want my grandchildren's teacher leaving the room, leaving my grandchildren alone with no adult in the room so he/she can go confront the shooter. A shooter who is most likely armed with a machinegun type assault rifle, with only a handgun. It's a dumb idea, folks.
       Its so dumb an idea that only Republicans who bow to the wishes of the NRA, would agree to. And a pay bump for these sacrificial lambs? Who's gonna pay for that? You are, and me. Any way you slice it, we're gonna pay for some teacher to be one of the first ones shot, leaving my, and your, children or grandchildren without a teacher to help protect them in their classroom.
       Who thought this dumb idea up? I think it was the NRA, but I'm not sure. But they and the Republicans jumped on the idea. Lets face it, Republicans never liked the idea of public education. They want only private schooling, for those who can afford it.
       Maybe a better idea would be to hire a squad of combat veterans for every school building. That would set them back a pretty penny, wouldn't it. Ye see, the only solutions that the NRA and the Republicans can come up with exclude firearms controls, age requirements, and the like.
       I tell ya, they're full of dumb Ideas. Ideas that even their own constituents don't want. And they're against ideas that even their own party rank and file want. It's just plain and simple dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment