Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Surprise, Surprise.

       This is 2017 and in a recent survey, 45% of those surveyed did not know that the Affordable Care Act would be repealed if Obamacare was repealed. But separately only 35% either didn't know that the two were the same or weren't sure. The poll, by Morning Star said that the majority of those who were confused were "those 18 - 29 and those who earned under $50,000."
       These are the folks who are likely to be most effected by a repeal. My guess is that they'll be happy, right up until they're informed they don't have health insurance anymore, or at a much higher cost, or much lower coverage. At this point nobody knows for sure because the Republicans have no plan. They've been trying for seven years to repeal, and then repeal and replace but haven't come up with a replace plan yet.
       And still 45% of Americans don't realize that if you repeal Obamacare, you are automatically repealing the ACA. They're one in the same, folks. This should be required reading. If you repeal one you are also repealing the other. Ya can't separate one from the other. Does anyone still not understand? If you have a seedling tree with two branches and you pull one out by the roots, the other branch comes with it.
       I suspect its just that they're not into reading about such things. Hey, I've got coverage now that I couldn't get before. But I hear Obamacare is bad so if they want to do away with Obamacare, so what. Hey wait a minute. What happened to my coverage? I had Affordable Care Act coverage. So why are you taking it away from me? I want it back. Whatta ya mean its too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment