Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Successful Businessman.

       Ya know, I may have been mistaken. I said Donald Trump lost nearly a billion dollars, but I now hear what he lost was nearly a billion dollars of other people's money. It makes a huge difference. Losing a billion dollars of your own money was bad business but losing other people's money isn't so bad. I mean you won't make a lot of friends that way, but with nearly a billion dollars you can buy new ones.
       On the other hand, if you lose your own money, its hard to buy anything and almost nothing on credit. Of course, when you lose OPM it gets hard to buy on credit too. I guess when you come right down to it, losing money is never good business. In fact if you lose a billion and get to go 18 years without paying any taxes, its not even good for government.
       I never took any business courses in school, but I kinda think they suggest you not lose money at all. I mean the whole idea of business is to make money, right? If you spend all your time losing money, it doesn't leave much time for making money. And that's the whole idea of being in business, to make money, as I just said. Of course if you insist on losing money, I suppose its best to lose a whole lot of money, that way you get to have some small tax advantages. Maybe not so small.
       On the other hand, if you're a country, losing money doesn't have any such advantages. Just disadvantages. So if you're planning on being your own country, I hope this has been helpful. And if you're planning on loaning Donald Trump any money, I hope this has also been helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment