Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Are You Satisfied With This Blog Entry?

       When's the last time you had cause to use your insurance coverage? Or how about someone else's insurance coverage? Or how about buying a car or almost anything larger than a loaf of bread? My car got rear ended and since it was the other guy's fault, his insurance paid for it. No hassle, which was the good part. But starting with the guy who looked the car over to the guy who told me how much they'd pay and where I could get a rental car, even the woman at the rental agency. To a man (and woman), they all finished up the conversation by asking "Were you satisfied with the service I provided today?"
       What if I hadn't been satisfied? Or they said "Did I answer your question satisfactorily?" What if I wasn't satisfied? Then there's the questionnaire they send you, or the survey. Do you answer the survey questions honestly? What if you think they should get a two in a one to ten question, one being very unfavorable and ten being extremely favorable? Or what if you're hoping for a better rate on your insurance if you say eleven? Sorry. It doesn't work that way. Trust me on this.
       Here's the thing, when the representative asked me if I was satisfied with the service rendered, they first begin the conversation by warning me that it may be recorded. So if they recorded  the conversation, can't they just write my answer down? Or is the survey a test to see if I remember what I said to the representative?
       If I remember what I said, most likely I was displeased and said so. If I can't remember, I'm sure it's because I was satisfied. Chances are I've never been TEN satisfied. Usually I'm about SIX satisfied if I'm satisfied at all. To be TEN satisfied, they'd have had to detail my car and given me a back rub and maybe a three day vacation at a nearby resort, all expenses paid. Then they might get that TEN, or maybe an eleven if she was cute.
       The thing is, everybody is asking the same dumb question. You can bet they have the question printed out in one inch high letters on the wall over their desk. I'll bet there's a wire from the phone to their seat. If they don't ask the question they get a cattle prod shock. I'm afraid that one of these days, I'll use a public rest room and a recording will come on as I'm washing my hands "Were you satisfied with the service we provided today?" That's where I draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment