Monday, October 17, 2011

Ranting about this and that.

When I was a child, I kept being told that candy and other sweets were bad for my teeth. Well now I'm grown up. As much as I'm ever going to be. Now I'm told sweets are bad for my diabetes. When I was young I didn't want to loose my teeth, but I wouldn't mind loosing my diabetes now. Who would have thought that something that tastes so good would be so bad. But then again most things that are really exciting aren't good for you and most things that are boring are particularly good for you. It all comes down to sugar. Now the corn growers are telling us that whether it's cane sugar or corn syrup, corn sugar, sugar is sugar. As if that makes corn syrup good for you. Here's a flash for ya. Whether it's cane sugar or corn syrup, sugar is not very good for you. At the risk of sounding like a preacher, why is it necessary to have corn syrup in so many packaged food products? How about putting less in our packaged products. How about putting less salt in everything that doesn't have sugar and even some that have both. Because I'm told that salt is bad for my heart. I'm telling you, I like the taste of sugar and salt. If they're going to be bad for my health, how come we use them so much and how come we enjoy them so much? Why not make them healthy in large volumns? I'm just asking. Or failing that, how about making what's good for us, really tasty? Like chocolate frosting. There are loads of other things that are bad for you too. Red meat isn't too good for your heart, smoking, well okay on that one, but how come deep fried foods of any kind are bad for ya? Why aren't deep fried carrots or brocolli or chicken or potatoes good for ya? I like deep fried. I'll even promise to use extra virgin olive oil if only it'll be good for me. It really does seem that there is someone, somewhere who has decided to prove that there is nothing good for ya. Don't sleep on you side, don't sleep on your stomach, don't sleep on your back and never sleep behind the wheel. I fell asleep driving once. Nothing bad happened. It was in Alaska and mine was the only vehicle on the road. Does that prove anything? No. So then, why is the water I drink, bad, and the air I breathe, bad and the fuel I burn in my car, bad? I guess it's just the way things are. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment