Saturday, June 25, 2011

We Are Known By The People We Don't Even Associate With.

As a declared candidate for president, I'm a bit concerned about a couple of opponents. The thing is, politicians running for office are sometimes judged by the opponents they are up against. Now there are some in the race for nomination who might actually be credible candidates. But there are a few who don't seem to be of the same high caliber of the others. In fact, you might say they're of the Nerf gun caliber. One is a former Senator from Pennsylvania, another is a sitting Congresswoman and a third is a former Speaker of the House. I know, I know, I've said before that if you can't say something nice about someone, you shouldn't say anything at all. So here goes. To the best of my knowledge, all three have been kind to their respective parents. There now, doesn't that meet the requirements? Okay, so why do I feel they are of somewhat questionable metal? Well, for one thing, two think that evolution is an unproven theory and in spite of anything you may have heard, Adam and Eve never kept a herd of dairy dinosaurs. Oh and they think global warming is a hoax and the third doesn't think having a seven figure charge at Tiffany's is anything unusual. I don't mean to suggest they're out of touch with reality, but aren't they? And the thing is this. I don't want to be judged with that sort of company. If I'm to be judged, I'd like to be judged with the likes of JFK or The Gipper. No. Wait. Not them. They're both dead. If I'm going to be judged, I'd at least like to be judged with someone who's alive and in they're right mind. You know. Someone like, aaah, oh I don't know, someone like, aaah, hmmm, gee I can't think of anyone who measures up. But anyway, you know what I mean. I want to be considered a serious candidate. Someone like the governor of Texas. Someone who has suggested that his state should secede from the nation, or someone who pushed through the prototype for universal healthcare for his state before he was against it. Or someone who is a former or current governor who won't run or can't make up their mind, or doesn't have a mind. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I want to be compared to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment