Thursday, March 31, 2011

What Gun Control?

I was watching a news program the other day and the discussion was about guns. One fella mentioned that since Pres. Reagan was shot and wounded about thirty years ago, guns have become far more accessible, not less so. The moderator pointed out that the NRA has spent millions or perhaps billions to make sure that guns became more easily available. Now of course this show was not on FOX NEWS. I think it was MSNBC. But what's important isn't that Fox wouldn't have had this conversation, or that MSNBC would. What's important is that it's so easy to buy a gun or to buy a whole lot of guns. Don't get me wrong, I like guns. I like to hunt and target shoot. I even respect peoples right to collect guns. I don't care if you want to have a collection that includes every gun model ever made. What I don't care for is the idea that some fool can go out and buy dozens of the same model, usually a Glock or an AK47, or even larger quantities. Not even if they buy them one at a time. The only people that collect guns like that in those kinds of quantities are city gangs, Mexican Drug Cartels and police agencies. And now one of them has been found to be supplying a Cartel. What I don't understand is why the NRA wants to shield those folks. Oh, I know the claim. That they have to draw a line in the sand or the government will take away everyone's guns. Well, that's hogwash, and what's more, they know it. No, the real reason is that the gun manufacturers are paying the NRA millions to help them boost up sales. In the meantime they have good, honest gun owners all over the country believing that Obama is after their guns. You know, that un-American, Muslim loving, gun owner hating, ultra-liberal, snake in the grass. Why, he wasn't even born in America and therefore shouldn't be allowed to be president anyway. Who do he think he am? Usurper to the throne, that's who. Certainly not a fine upstanding conservative like the rest of the free world. Except for France, of course. Please don't get me wrong, I don't dislike conservatives, it's just that they seem to have been misled into thinking they're right. Well, they are right leaning, as opposed to left leaning. But they don't seem to be correct. I suppose that comes from watching Glen Beck on FOX NEWS. Which is a misnomer. It should be called FOX PROPAGANDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment