Friday, March 4, 2011

Trickle Down My Foot.

Leave it to a comedian to cut right to the chase. Jon Stewart of The Daily Show, pointed out that the folks who are against tax increases for the rich, earning over $250,000 per year, as being unfair, think it is fair to demand that teachers and other union members, all of whom don't make even half as much,  accept a cut in pay and increase in costs to their benefits. In other words, if you make really big money, you shouldn't have to pay more taxes, but if you're making less than half that much, then you should take a cut. I can see how that way of thinking is fair to the wealthy, but I just can't figure out how it's fair to anyone else. Especially teachers. Think about it. They said the government shouldn't make CEOs of corporations and banks that accepted  bailout money take a cut in pay and bonuses because it would be harmful to those corporations and banks. Why? Because good, qualified people wouldn't want the jobs. But now they seem to think that making teachers take those cuts will be good for education. That cuts in pay will inspire teachers to do better? Does that make sense to you? Because it makes no sense to me. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think we should elect a comedian to run the country. Lord knows we have enough in office already. They just don't realize that they're comedians. They seem to think they have great ideas. Either that, or they're secretly working for the filthy rich. Of course most successful politicians do get a whole lot of money given them by the filthy rich. But those politicians will explain to you that all that money in no way influences them. I'm a trusting soul. I believe every word they tell me. Don't you? By the way, I bought severl large bridges just the other day. If you're interested, I can put you in touch with the salesman who sold them to me. I know the Trickle Down Theory is what these politicians are really talking about. They just don't want to use that term. The idea that if you make life good for the rich, they'll drop some crumbs on the plates of the rest of us. But look at the past thirty years or so. It just simply hasn't worked. Not in America or anywhere else. Rick folks don't like to share. They just want to get richer. And they don't care who they have to crawl over to get there. That's why the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and the middle class is disappearing. Is that the direction you want to go in? Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment