Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas To ALL.

Well it's Christmas day so I guess I should saw something meaningful and celebratory. I'd like to say that I'm thankful for so many small things. Like the fact that there's still some wine left after everyone's gone. In the peace that follows a holiday as important as today, I read in the Washington Post that a reader feels that people who are not Christians should stop celebrating Christmas. My hat's off to this Scrooge for his or her sentiments. But after hearing our pastor speak at Christmas Eve services last night, I think the reader has it wrong. After all, Christmas is for everyone. That's the whole point of Christianity. If you don't believe that, how can you think of yourself as a Christian. After all, Christ did look to the outsider, the sinner, not the religious leaders of his time. That may well be the problem with our society today. We seem to think of ourselves as the chosen people, when in fact we're the outsiders trying to get in. If we really want to be chosen, we need to accept others. Well, so much for my sermon, have a Very Merry Christmas and I hope there's some wine left at your house. If there is, give me a call, if not, the liquor store will be open on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment