Monday, December 20, 2010

An Explaination For High Gas Prices.

Have any of you folks noticed the increased gasoline prices of late? Well, I contacted Mr. B.P. Von Hexxon, noted oil impresario. Mr. Von Hexxon, can you answer my and my friends question as to why gas prices are so high? I mean, they just sort of sneaked up on us. Vell, Mr. Snowbeard, the prices are not so high as you suggest. They have only gone up slightly and that is a result of several factors. First you must remember that last spring, we had to gear up to meet demand for Summer driving habits. Then in the Autumn, we had to switch to home heating oil. Both of these factors created shortages in supply. Then there is the problem that we cannot drill more wells in the Gulf of Mexico because the government has stopped us because of the oil spill. All of this also created additional shortages forcing prices slightly higher. But Mr. Von Hexxon---- Oh please Mr Snowbeard, call me B.P. We're becoming fast friends. Well, B.P., how come prices didn't jump up when the oil spill started, and how come you need more wells just to produce the same amount, and how come prices didn't come down after you switched over and how come they didn't come down when driving decreased from Summer to Autumn and Winter and how come you think it's only a slight increase when the price is well over $3 per gallon? Huh? How come B.P? Please Mr. Snowbeard, my name is Mr. Von Hexxon. Well, tell me this, Mr. Von Hexxon, what does the B.P. stand for? Bigger Profits, Mr. Snowbeard. Oh, I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment