Saturday, July 15, 2017

Fake News, Fake Presidency.

       Well isn't this a fine kettle of fish. Our president can't help calling the news media "fake news" and then proceeds to hand out fake, guess what, news. Even his son, Donald Jr. gives out fake news. But he gave his fake news to the wrong people. He assured the government he never met with any Russians. Then he remembered he met with a Russian lawyer to help with adoptions of Russian children. Oh no, he met with the lawyer to get the "goods' on Hillary.
       Next he remembered he was thrilled to meet with the lawyer. Then he remembered there were some other people in the meeting. Pretty soon it wound up being not just a meeting but a full blown conference, based on the number of people. Of course Daddy didn't know anything about it. Except he announced he would have a major announcement about Hillary in a couple of days. But when the meeting didn't produce any Hillary news, that announcement never materialized.
       Too bad too, because it would have made for some great press. For once The Donald would have been able to praise the press. Don't ya wonder what goes on in the mind of a wheeler dealer? Well, I'll tell ye what goes on in a wheeler dealer's mind. "How can I get an unfair advantage over the other guy? What do I have to give up to get everything I want? Certainly nothing I value. Maybe my credibility. That would be okay. I never had any anyway. Making promises I don't intend to keep is fair game. And lies are my stock in trade."
       A wheeler Dealer treads on the very narrow path between outright criminality and bad faith. And if he's good enough at it he can afford great lawyers to keep him out of trouble. Of course having a rich daddy helps too. I mean, who starts out with a million bucks and can't make a go of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment