Thursday, September 29, 2016

Gun-O-Mania

       Have you noticed how many shootings are happening every day? I'm pretty sure that number coincides with the number of guns sold every day. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it if only the NRA would allow Congress to begin to get the numbers on both. Ahh but alas, that information will not come to reach anyone who might use them to pass any sensible legislation.
       The watchword from the NRA is that we all need guns to protect ourselves. My question is how come so many more gun killings are taking place? More and more all the time. I wonder how many minutes pass before a next shooting? I suppose it will soon be listed as seconds before the next shooting death.
       I'm pretty sure there's enough guns in America to protect us from all comers, foreign or domestic, or alien. I think we've reached the point where there are more than two guns per man, woman and child in the country. So unless we grow a third hand we've probably got enough. But for some reason the NRA tells us we need ever more. You don't suppose the NRA is in cahoots with the gun manufacturers do ya?
       Now In admit, stopping the sale of guns to unstable people won't eliminate all murders , just some. But if you're part of the some, you might be in favor of such a ban. Even if the some includes someone you know, you might vote for such a ban. Now I know that the gun manufacturers need more sales in order to increase their income, but the thing is, I'm not sure America needs more guns in spite of what the NRA tells us.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment