Monday, September 12, 2016

Campaign Solutions.

       I was kidding around yesterday and suggested we all write in a vote for Justin Trudeau for president this November. I decided that we could combine the two countries and call it the United States & Canadian Provinces of America. Somebody suggested we include Mexico. I haven't quite figured out how to add that to the name.
       But there are some really good reasons for combining the two countries and maybe Mexico. I haven't thought that through yet. Ya see, Canada has lots of natural resources and a very short election campaign season, and besides it has great fishing. Natural resources are always important to a country, and don't sell the fishing short. But most important is the idea of only a couple of months of campaign ads on TV. 
       With such a short period of time to get people to vote for you, it seems to me they've got to get down to the nitty-gritty quick. No time for much name calling and muck raking, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't that be great. And boy is the fishing good. They say the salt water fishing is good in Mexico, so there's that to consider.
       I think if there ever was a time to try this kind of merger its now. I think 65% of the people refuse to vote for Trump and about 65% of the people would never vote for Hillary. With that we'd have a negative 30% vote for president. Ya just can't swear in minus 30%. And I've heard of more than a few people state they'd move to Canada if Trump or Clinton got elected. My idea would eliminate that problem. The only question that I can see that would hold my idea up is whether or not Canada would have us. Or Mexico either.

No comments:

Post a Comment