Sunday, January 17, 2016

Open Carry In The Restroom.

       Do ya ever wonder and worry about "open carry?" I have some concerns about open carry. Did you know that more and more states are beginning to allow open carry in places like churches and bars? I don't know about you, but a church is a place of peace and forgiveness and the like. Guns seem out of place there. And then there's the bar thing. Nobody should think guns and alcohol are a good mix. Especially where there's that "stand your ground" rule.
       I just don't understand why some people think it's important to have an open carry law. Hey, I have a right to go to the bathroom, but I also know that doing so in public is poor judgment. It seems to me that owning a gun and even carrying a gun concealed is one thing, but to openly show off your rights are another example of poor judgment.
       Look, many people are uncomfortable when they see some bumpkin walking around with open carry firearms. What they don't see, isn't so worrisome. Same as with potty breaks. I'm pretty sure its all about  showing off ones masculinity. Even for women I suppose. Isn't it odd that police can open carry and that's okay because they're supposed to be armed, but some loose cannon walking around with a gun in a holster or shoulder strap makes you give him or her a second thought. Is this just a nut or will the next thing be a shootout or robbery?
       I'll bet even police aren't wildly in favor of going back to the shoot-em-up wild west. Not every cowboy and cowgirl should be packing heat. In fact if they're actually packing for protection, does it make good sense to be challenging some bad guy who wants to kill people? Wouldn't the bad guy want to shoot the open-carrier first?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment