Friday, January 24, 2014

What's Sugar Got To Do With Anything?

       Hey, do ya have to be a woman to get help from Uncle Sugar? I mean I could use a little help getting my book published. Could I count on Uncle Sugar for that help? I mean, just a word or two in the right places, at the right time, and I'm sure my book would be a great success. Now if you're suggesting that only women can benefit from Uncle Sugar, then I have to say it is sexist and must be a violation of my civil rights. Maybe if I wanted condoms, but that's not what I need. In fact at my age, they might not help anyway.
       Ya know, I don't think Uncle Sugar is even running for office now-a-days. Mike Huckabee might be running for president in 2016, but not Uncle S. And the only reason Mr. Huckabee might be running is because frontrunner Chris Christy is pretty much toast, at least for now. So Mr. Huckabee thinks there might be an opening for a moderate in the GOP lineup. The thing is though, with statements like this Uncle Sugar deal, he's not likely to be seen as moderate.
       Now ordinarily I wouldn't pick on Mike, but I do enjoy pointing out silly comments made by  savvy political figures. Gov. Huckabee should stick with his country and western band and leave the cute analogies to more clever people. And no, I don't include myself in that crowd. I'm more of a Mike Huckabee kinda guy, more prone to foot in mouth syndrome. But Big Mike's plan was to point out that the Democrats are secretly trying to get more women on birth control pills and Republicans are trying to free women from those devil's pills.
       Not that Democrats are above using some sort of trick to get more votes, but I don't see how this particular accusation would produce more votes for Democrats. Maybe an anti-voter ID plan would work better. You know, something that Uncle Sugar could do. Like e-mail the needed IDs to women. Printable, of course. That way the women could all vote for the candidate they want. Perhaps a female candidate who could work for women's rights

No comments:

Post a Comment