Thursday, January 24, 2013

Talk About Indecision.

       Hey, wait a minute. What just happened there? We were promised another debt ceiling crisis. Now they say they've put it off for three or four or six months. What did they do, raise the ceiling without a fight? Listen, we paid for a fight and by golly we want a fight. We elected these folks for the reason that we knew they couldn't agree on anything. Now they're singing Kum Ba Yah.
       So what does this mean? Did they raise the debt ceiling? No? Did they eliminate the debt ceiling process? No? Then what? Oh, you mean to tell me they just kicked the can down the road and said that after those three or four or six months, we'll get the Senate to pass a budget, which isn't really needed anyway because it's just a suggestion about how to spend money without actually having any power to force anything?
       So that's what all the fuss has been all about? The House is mad at the Senate for not passing a budget and taking some of the heat? If I had my belt on, I'd go down to Washington and smack these folks on the backside with that belt, until they couldn't sit down.
       So what's the chances that they'll agree on everything and so won't need to fight over the budget or the debt ceiling in three or four or six months?  What's that you say, there's no chance they will solve the problem? So does that mean we get to have a fight, but it won't take place for a while? But I took the day off so I could watch them duke it out. Now I have to take another day off.
       Okay, when do I ask for the day off? What's that? Anytime between now and then? I can't believe it. The U.S. Congress can't even decide on what day to have a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment