Monday, May 28, 2012

What's Not To Like About A Politician?

If you've read many of my previous entries, you might have come to the conclusion that I dislike politicians. Not true. For several reasons. First, they give me great material for my entries in this blog. But secondly, I don't dislike politicians for what they do or don't do. Ya see, politicians are actually pretty smart people. And they're in positions of great influence and power. They have the opportunity to do great things to help people. That's why I don't dislike them. But I am disappointed in them for not doing those great things to help people. Instead, they fight each other, lie, cheat and steal, and in some cases, just do dumb thing. Really dumb things. But of all the politicians, I'm most disappointed in justices. They seem to do some of the same things as the rest of the politicians, but without being too overt, they're even more partisan in their decisions than the rest of the crop. And that's saying a lot. I mean, who else would think to call a corporation a person? Okay, there are a few others, but justices were the ones who started the idea. It's been downhill since then. If a politician had stood up on the floor of the Senate or even the house, before that had been decided, and suggested that corporations were people, he'd have been laughed out of the building. Even by his own party members. Of course not these days. Now, the Party is the cradle of all. Now the party comes first, even before the country or the people, or even the law. So now, a Senator or Representative could say almost anything and as long as it was against the other party, why, their party would stand behind them, four square. So my advise is to love your politician. But love him or her at home. Then tell him not to disappoint you, at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment