Thursday, October 7, 2010

Detention Explained.

Ya know, Thanksgiving is just under two months away, but there are things we should be thankful for now. Like the fact that Congress is in recess for a month and a half. Although, I'd be even more thankful if they were in detention. In Fact they should have been in detention for the last decade or so. While we're at it, the Supreme Court should be in detention too. There are some other things we should be thankful for though. Like our democratic process that allows us to choose our leaders. Maybe they should be in detention too. The leaders, not the process. But our process allows for the freedom of speech. How it got changed around so that corporations are treated the same as people, or maybe even better then people when it comes to freedom of speech, I'm not sure. They have freedom of speech but they can do it secretly. In fact other countries can take advantage of this freedom and influence our elections secretly. See, if it's secret, then nobody knows who's doing it. That's what secret means. So China can tell lies about a candidate in order to get him or her defeated and we'll never know it, because they have freedom of speech, because they're people too, at least according to the Supreme Court. See what I mean about the Supreme Court? I like our system of government, I just don't like our system of government. By that I mean I like the freedoms we have, but I don't like to have to share those freedoms with corporations and countries who are trying to beat the system. I'm thankful for a judicial process that insures that I have the right to prove my innocence, or at least my non-guilt, but I'm not happy that judges aren't always honest or that lawyers and police sometimes lie because they think it furthers the truth. I think they should get detention for doing it, and some do, but not enough. Come to think of it, I'm thankful for detention. It's a very useful place. Too bad it's used so sparingly everywhere but in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment