Monday, May 24, 2010

Let's Clear The Air.

If you were going to run a political campaign, what would you stand for? We all know what a conservative stands for or a liberal or even a libertarian. Well, maybe not so much a libertarian. They're not so well understood. They seem to be all over the place, but then so are liberals and conservatives. But you can generally figure out what they stand for part of the time. Then there's the Tea Party movement. It seems to stand for only a very few ideas. Lower taxes and smaller government. That's about it, isn't it? Did I miss anything? The problem with such a narrow ideology is that it leaves you wide open for some real kooks to usurp your cause. And also some opportunists. These last will try to steal your cause for personal gain. So people who are claiming to be Tea Party loyalists just might give you their votes only to find out they don't really want what you want. Therefore, I declare myself a Tea Party loyalist. If you'll give me your vote, I'll do whatever you want me to do. Be anything you want me to be. I am truly committed to whatever cause I should be committed to. Just don't commit me. I mean I'm willing to stand up and be counted as long as nobody keeps track. Actually that's not true. You may not realize it, but I'm slightly opinionated and moderately stuck in my own mud. I have little interest in anyone else's mud. Except to comment on how unsavory it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment