Monday, April 16, 2018

I Went Back On My Word.

       Ya know what I really hope? I hope Trump doesn't get impeached unless or until the democratic party gets a majority presence in both houses of Congress. And veto proof majorities at that. It's not so much that I like President Trump as that I fear V.P. Pence and his ideas on government. I think he's a Trump on steroids but without all the baggage Trump carries. No indiscretions, that we know of, and no propensity towards Twitter.
       I think Pence is far less likely to act like a ping pong ball than Trump, which is a good thing, except that he believes in the trickle down theory. And the trickle down theory simply does not and cannot act as advertised. What it does do is trickle into the pockets of the wealthy and there it stays. Other than those  conclusions, he's a semi-decent man.
       On the other hand Trump is a dangerous man because he acts on impulses instead of well thought out policies backed by careful review of pertinent facts and history, and listening to his advisors. He's prone to making the same mistakes as those of his predecessors, going back to Saint Ronald Reagan.
       And by the way, a Democratic super majority in both houses of Congress would also work well with Trump. Congress would be able to override any foolishness he attempts to pull in one of his early morning Twitter rants. Now, I think of the two men, Trump would be the one I'd choose to have a beer with, but my first choice would be to see Trump as a lame duck president starting in 2017.
       Now I know I said I'd lay off of Trump, but for some reason he doesn't want to be laid off. He's got it in his head that he needs to prove that he's a true conservative on most things, just not fiscal responsibility. He'd rather leave that the Democrats. Its true, the Republicans gave up that mantle and handed it to the Democrats who grudgingly accepted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment