Sunday, May 29, 2016

What A Happy Thought.

       Today I really wanted to find fault with Donald Trump and all his unrealistic ideas, but what I really wanted to do was to find fault with Bernie Sanders for all his unrealistic plans, but what I need to do is to is find fault with Hillary Clinton for all her missteps, but what I need do is find fault with the U'S. Congress for all its inability and ideological unwillingness to work together for the good of all the people.
       But what I really need to do is to find fault with a news media that is more interested in high ratings (profits) than in giving to the American people the truth and asking all the hard questions and none of the softballs, but what I really need to do is to find fault with an electorate that doesn't read, or listen intently and doesn't try to understand what candidates are promising, but what I really need to do is to point out that our political parties don't represent the people of America, only their own agendas and how to bamboozle the people into believing them.
       What I'd really like to say is that its time to start thinking smart, even, in fact especially, when it goes against the party, and no it doesn't mean a Tea Party or an Occupy Wall Street. What we really need is a thoughtful decision to work together for the good of the country and all the people, and I do mean all the people, even if they can't vote.
       If we were to start with the premise that everybody has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, (say, where have I heard that before?), if we started with that premise, we just might get somewhere we'd like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment