Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Keystone XL Pipeline Question.

       Ya know what it is that I don't like about the Keystone XL pipeline? It's not the jobs it might create, or the oil it will ship to America, although it is the dirtiest oil in the world, and it's not that I dislike Canada. In fact I kinda like Canada. And it's not that I don't like oil companies making all that profit off it, although it'd be nice if they actually started paying taxes on those profits.
       No, my problem is all the coke and other poisons that are removed from that tar sands oil in the refining process that's gonna get left here in America. It's what are we gonna do about all that stuff we're gonna have to handle at some point after Canada and the oil companies and refineries and ship tanker owners have made their killings and left us with all the mess.
       Ya see, I think that we're gonna get stuck with the costs of cleaning up that environmental nightmare and nobody's gonna want to help us. We taxpayers are gonna get the shaft and everybody that made huge profits off this ugly, dirty, pollutant tar sands oil are gonna laugh all the way to the bank and you and I are gonna get stuck with the tab on the cleanup.
       So here's my suggestion. The refineries and oil companies and Canada pay to have all that waste and coke and poison shipped back to Canada at their expense as it's generated. Oh, and they should pay in advance, none of this "on credit" bologna. And if there should be any spill of leakage from the pipeline, those same characters will have to pay for all the cleanup and losses incurred, on the spot. It's not that I wouldn't trust them not to pay, I just wouldn't trust them to pay. That should end any discussion on the Keystone XL pipeline decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment