Monday, September 29, 2014

Mathew And The Muslims.

       Ya know, I keep reading online commentary about those terrible Muslims.  Every time you turn around someone else suggests all Muslims are bad. I assume you folks know better. But I really do have to wonder why these folks who write such hateful letters and opinions, can then turn around and profess their [strong] Christian belief.
       I had the opportunity, this last Sunday, to hear all of the Chapters in the Book of Mathew on the Sermon on the Mount all together again. Now Jesus never mentions the Muslims specifically, but he did have a lot to say about how we should behave. It mentions that the peacemakers are God's children and how we should let go of anger, because it's a sin and think about where you store your wealth, you know, things like that.
       I guess the point is that you can act like these folks act or you can act like a Christian, but you can't act like both. you're one or the other. I know, I know, it's hard work to be a good Christian, at least it is for me, but there is a clear difference here. Ya just can't suggest they all be killed and then  show up in your favorite pew and pretend you're a true follower. From what I've read and been taught, it doesn't work that way.
       I'm all for protecting ourselves from those who would do us ill, but I don't think, in fact I know that doesn't include every Muslim in and out of America. The next thing you know, we'd be picking on other Christian denominations. Eventually it would come down to me and thee and I have my doubts about thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment