Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ahh. The Odor Of Politics.

       I just read about the most amazing scientific report. This outline explains how and why most couples are of the same mind about politics. Well, I could have told them that. Nearly every couple and even those who are not coupled feel the same way about politics. Everybody thinks politics stinks. And that seems to be the whole point to this study.
       Actually, the study claims that one party stinks more than the other, according to the volunteers in this study. Here's how the study worked and I'm not kidding. They took a bunch of people, half of which were conservative and half were progressive. they taped a gauze pad over the armpit of everyone and didn't allow them to bathe, use deodorants or go near anything that had strong odors. I presume that included each other too.
       Then comes the Peace DE Résistance. They got 125 lucky contestants to sniff the gauze pads. Honest, that's what they did. I'm not making this up. Nobody could make this kind of study up, well except for the folks who actually dreamed this study up in the first place. You know people have nothing else to do when they think up stuff like this to do.
       Anyway, the upshot is that, of those who survived, people liked the odor of those who were of the same persuasion as themselves. In other words, Conservatives like conservative stink and progressives like progressive stink. There was no report on how those who passed out felt about the smell of either group.
       I want to thank the Huffington Post for bringing this critical report to my attention. And I hope you won't mind if I ask to sniff your armpit one of these days, or at least the gauze pads I'm passing out. I do want to state this is , or was, a serious study for those interested in finding a life mate who agrees with you on electoral matters. Or, for those who enjoy the art of arguing and fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment