Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Making Sense Makes Sense

       I've been reading about income disparities. Pretty exciting, huh? Yep, and the thing is that the greater the growth of disparity in a country, the slower the growth in the economy. So in other words, as the rich get richer and the rest get poorer, there's less business. In other words, if most of the people become too poor to buy the nice products companies make, the less money the companies make. In other words, the less business a company gets, the more employees they have to fire. In other words, the more unemployed who can't afford to buy the products the companies make, and so on. It really does make sense.
       So when you hear somebody suggest that the rich (job creators) need lower taxes so they have money to invest, you have to wonder, invest in what? Maybe another yacht? The next thing you hear is "class warfare". But that's not what I'm looking to do. I like the class of people I hang around with. I'll bet you do too.
       Actually what I'm suggesting is first lets put the most money where it'll do the most good. In the pockets of the people who will spend it on those nice products companies make. That is to say, not the rich, but the rest. As soon as I say that, I hear "Class Warfare" again, but that's not what I mean at all. What I mean is that if more people can afford to buy the products the companies make, then the rich get richer and the rest do better too. Now that makes sense, doesn't it?
       Here's another thing to think about, if something sounds like it makes sense, it usually does make sense, but if something doesn't make sense, it usually doesn't make sense. Common sense tells me giving to the rich and taking from the poor just doesn't make sense, but giving to the poor so everybody can do better, works for me. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment