Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Is The Answer The Truth?

Have ya ever listened to politician's answers to questions they would rather not answer. That's exactly right. They don't answer the question. It takes a real politician to talk for fifteen minutes without answering the question. Now if you were to ask me what the price of gas is today and I told you to go down three blocks, turn left, go two blocks and turn right, it's the second house on the left, you'd probably get the idea that I didn't want to give you a straight answer. Either that or I didn't understand the question. But we all know that politicians fully understand the question. We're just all surprised that they just don't lie about it. I mean, let's face it, they're more than willing to lie about their opponent. Or at least they're more than willing to have their SuperPac lie about the opponent. Why is it that real, honest, truthful, answers are so hard to come by. You'd think that a person who wants you to vote for him or her, would want to be square with you. If I wanted you to join my club, it just wouldn't be smart of me to tell you the club was exclusively for golfers. Especially if it was a church prayer circle. It wouldn't take long for you to get the idea that I might have misrepresented the club's goals. Just a tad, mind you, but misrepresented just the same. But why do politicians stumble over the truth? Do you suppose it's in their genes to lie? Or are they waiting for that SuperPac to pick up the ball and score one. What if it was the law that politicians had to tell the truth? What if they had to produce the proof of the truth before they could state it? Oh, I suppose we'd never find enough people to run for all the offices.

No comments:

Post a Comment