Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wake Up And Smell The Coupons.

Have you noticed all the e-mails offering coupons and free samples you've been receiving of late? What I've noticed is the amount of information they want before they'll give you those coupons. I could get a credit card or a home loan without providing that much information about myself. Oh, I understand that the information helps them to offer you the samples and coupons that most closely reflect your needs and desires. Hogwash. They sell that information to whoever is willing to pay for it. If I were a cat burglar and wanted information on potential victims, they'd sell me that information. In fact, I'm not convinced some of these offers aren't coming from burglars. If they ask for my date of birth, I think they'd like to know whether or not I could fight them off or am I too old. Okay. I own several firearms and a bazooka and a hand held grenade launcher. No. Wait. That's not true. After all, these folks could be terrorists looking for weapons supplies. I don't know about you, but I hate giving out very much information about myself. And after all, it's over the Internet. How much information do they need beyond my e-mail address? Actually, they don't need any more than that, and I hate giving them even that, but they already have it. Fortunately, my computer is equipped with an anti coupon mechanism. It's a button you push. They call it SPAM. Now unlike most people, I don't mind a little spam now and then, for lunch, in a salad. I even like it better when I push the button. It sort of gives me a feeling of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment