Monday, January 17, 2011

It's The Law.

Don't ya just love it? There seems to be a law on the books that says law enforcement can't do a legal search of any Congressman or Senator, past or present. not even a wiretap. So what this means is that a corrupt Congressman or Senator (of course we all know there is no such thing as corruption in Washington) can get away with breaking any law, any time, for any reason, and, it appears, can't be questioned. No searches for evidence, no bugging, no wiretap, nothing. Now I don't want to be a killjoy, but shouldn't the FBI or Homeland Security or the police be able to stop these folks from, at least, stealing the silver off the table? Or robbing Fort Knox? Not according to this bazaar law. I can foresee organized crime getting a hold of this information. Wait a minute? Maybe they already have. Has anybody checked any of these Senators' or Congressmen's past records? Maybe that can't be done either. So, if you think your congressman may be a crook, you may be close to the truth. Now, far be it from me to cast anyone in an unfair light, but if I see my Senator sneaking out of a fourth floor apartment some dark evening, I'll assume he lost his keys. I suppose any pictures of him holding onto a diamond neckless and a wad of cash would be in-admissible in court anyway. Boy oh boy, it's not bad enough that they get a benefits package that's the envy of the free world, and all the donations they can carry on the planes provided by their corporate benefactors, That's not bad enough. But now they can't be jailed for breaking any laws either. I wanna be a politician when I grow up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment