Monday, December 5, 2016

I'm Willing To Listen.

       I'll be honest and say we need to give Mr. Trump a chance to prove himself to be the leader we need. But there are a few issues that deeply concern me. I'm retired so naturally I'm concerned about Social security, Medicare and for those in need, Medicaid. Republicans in Congress have been trying to eliminate, defund or change one or more of these programs as long as I can remember. Social Security seems to be either out of money, running out of money or fully funded for 40 years or more, and all these reports have experts backing them up. What would be wrong with removing the ceiling on payments into the fund or raising the ceiling to $500,000 or some such figure?
       Then there's the environment. We've got so much proof that air pollution is causing global warming and at the same time causing many health issues, why can't we continue the work we've begun and more? We don't need more pipelines, because we don't need more pollutants, we need less. The coal industry is done, let it go and more pipelines only means more oil. Why not more solar or wind generation. More and better battery powered cars.
       We need more jobs, good jobs, but we've got to realize that in this day and age, expecting high paying jobs in the numbers of the past just isn't gonna happen. So let's stop making promises we can't keep. Lets train as many of those who have lost their jobs as we can for new jobs. And finally let's not get into any more wars except as a last resort, not first resort. Be smart, not dumb. Other than that, Donald, have at it. If you want to look and sound foolish, its your Presidency to do with pretty much as you wish. But then don't expect folks to put up with it for two terms. On the other hand if you work to make life as good as possible for everyone and treat all your constituents fairly and humanely, you just might be as successful at this job as you'd like to be remembered.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 84% into a book called "Trumped" that I bought on Kindle. I put it on my phone so I could read it whenever I had a minute. I've got to tell you that after reading that 84% it's not looking too good as far as Trump being a good manager. Check it out. It's an informative read.

    ReplyDelete