Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Problem With Washington.

       You may gather that I'm somewhat 'DOWN' on "elected officialdom", that is to say the breathless atmosphere of  The Washington Elect. You may gather that because it's true. It's not that I don't like these folks, many I think would be interesting diner guests, then again some are stinkers and would be no matter where they might be.
       The reason I'm down on these fawned over elected officials is that they rarely do anything that would make me fawn over them. What I mean is, these days, they rarely do much of anything. If I had a business and a former (or present) Senator of Congressman applied for a job, I'd have definite reservations about that person. I'd want to know if they did anything to deserve a job. Did they accomplish anything of importance? Did they actually do what they were elected to do? Really? WHAT? Because as far as I can see, neither the Democrats nor the Republicans, and not even the Independents, have done very much at all. Well, except for making America the laughingstock of the world. In fact if I were a Senator or Congressman, and I was applying for a job at your company, I'd probably leave that fact off my resume.
       Ya know, things weren't always like this. There was a time, mostly anytime before the new century, when our elected officials were respected, respectable and worthy of respect. It was extremely seldom that a member of the 'Hill' brotherhood was considered dimwitted or of low moral  character. Hmm, well maybe that's giving them too much credit, but if they weren't of good character , at least they had the good manners to keep it to themselves. And mostly they did their jobs. Oh yes, even then they grubbed around for funds to get reelected, but they still listened to the people, or at least did a better job of pretending to.
       Maybe that's the problem. Maybe the guy in charge of teaching them how to pretend to care better just simply retired and in order to reduce the size of government, they didn't bother to replace him. What they didn't realize was that his was the most important job in Washington. You know, like the underfunded CDC. Ya don't realize what you gave up until you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment