Saturday, September 8, 2012

I Wonder If We Can Have It Both Ways?

Okay, let me see if I understand the problem. Conservatives explain that in order to spur the economy on, to create jobs, we must make it easier for job creators to do what they do, that is to create jobs. The argument is that without lower taxes, fewer regulations and smaller government, job creators won't even consider expanding. They also need more flexibility in lending. But mostly they need to feel reassured that things are stable. Like the economy and the government. I think I understand that. Progressives, on the other hand, think that the need is slanted more toward the middle class and poor. The job doers, if you will. They believe that it is the middle class and poor that are the giant demographic that must be satisfied and spurred into buying the products and services that will enable the job creators to justify expanding. It is this demographic that needs the tax cuts and greater regulation to protect them and infrastructure improvements by government that would create jobs as a starter, in order to begin to spend. I think I understand that. So let me see if I have a clear understanding of the problem and therefore the solution to the main question. If I understand this correctly, we need flexibility in lending, fewer regulations, more regulations, government spending, smaller government and tax cuts for everyone. This all seems easy enough to fulfill. But there is that kicker. That small problem of the debt and deficit. So we need a solution to that as well. Again, not such a big problem. As I see it, the answer to all our problems is simple. We can do one of two things; We can put all of the manufacturing facilities back into production. Then hire every able bodied person in the country, institute a 100% ownership of all private property, 100% tax an all money, income or investments and allocate a living stipend sufficient to see to your needs and just cancel the debt and deficit. Or we could fold up the game of life and start over, with different players.

No comments:

Post a Comment